Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New shoes.

I guess if I posted more consistently then I wouldn't have to worry about cramming a whole bunch of nonsense about my life into one agonizingly long post. So I'll give you the run down (yeah that's right Jim Halpert): the Japan thing didn't work out, I graduated, I am doing some subbing, I have been spending an inordinate amount of time with friends.

But let me tell you about my new shoes. I finally gave in. After a few years of looking on curiously from the outside, I purchase for myself a pair of Vibram Five Finger shoes. But before this gets out of hand and I start sounding too much like Antony Sullivan let me tell you why I like them so much.

I think the first thing to note is that VFF allow you to experience the sensation of being barefoot without the hassle of nasty crusty feet. Okay, that might not be how they say it, but it's what they mean. The thing that really drew me to the shoes was the fact that it isn't just another shoe. It is going to change how you walk. How you run. It changes the whole mobile experience by taking humans back to their uninhibited barefoot roots. And I like that.

I wish that all products were like that. A pen that allows me to not have hideous handwriting. A car that would make me forget I was in a car.

But what are the mental and spiritual implications of this? Can we change things in our lives that renew our mind and spirit to remind us what life is really supposed to be like instead of giving into the new fads of thought and religion?

What can I do to make my life more barefoot?

No comments:

Post a Comment